Key Objectives & Outcomes
In accordance with the Deed of Trust of the Mid Canterbury Multi-Sports Velodrome the objectives are:
- To facilitate the establishment of a cycling velodrome and multi-sports facility within the Ashburton district, for the general use of the public.
- To provide a multi-sports facility for the promotion of sports including but not limited to; cycling, netball, basketball and tennis.
- To encourage, develop and support cycling and other sports for the benefit of the community in general and the Canterbury district in particular
- To maintain, develop and promote the cycling velodrome and multi-sports facility within New Zealand
- All other things incidental to the charitable purposes described
The Key Outcomes desired by the Trustees:
- To construct a national standard indoor velodrome for use by the general public of New Zealand and in particular a venue suitable for use by the wider communities of the central South Island.
- To provide a community facility which is available to other sporting codes requiring indoor competition or training facilities which are currently underdeveloped in Mid Canterbury.
- To promote and support use of the facility by endorsing programmes and events which encourage cyclists and sportspersons of all ages and abilities to use the velodrome for recreational, social and competitive purposes.